Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 5: Connector

In this section, we understand Mia's thoughts related to not only Teddy, but to death as well. Due to the rare situation depicted in the book it is difficult to find connections. However, Mia does talk about funerals, and how some people imagine their funerals and others don't. Have you thought about your funeral? Personally, I haven't really thought about it at all. Also, I have a little brother, although we are much closer in age than Teddy and Mia. My brother and I however, have a very different relationship. But still, I would be crushed to find out if any of my family members passed away. Do you have any siblings and if so, is your relationship with them as good as Mia's relationship with Teddy? In your response, you can also discuss the nature of Mia's grandpa, and how he started crying. Has anything like this ever happened to you or someone you know?

2 comments:

  1. Since my brother is older we have a very different relationship than this. My brother is a very unique individual that doesn't fit in very much and I sort of the same way. We have similar personalities, his just more extreme; but for that reason we have a very good understanding for what we both go through on a day to day basis. Seeing someone you view as a very strong-willed person cry is one of the hardest things to watch. When a close friend of mine's father passed away very suddenly, seeing him so broken just tore me apart so I can imagine what Mia is going through very much in that sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not really thought about my funeral before but that whole concept reminds me of the song "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry so I do not think it is weird if someone thinks about their funeral. I do have siblings, both being younger. I believe I have really good relationships with both of them even though my youngest sibling is only 7 months old. I think if anyone loses a family member or thinks they have lost a family member, they will naturally break down and get emotional.

    ReplyDelete