Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 6: Connector

Mia finally makes her ultimate decision, almost unintentionally. Although I know it's nowhere near as drastic, I connect her decision to my decision to come to Middle College. While I hated every moment of being at my old school, I was still leaving behind a lot or friends and a past me that I knew I would never have again. My boyfriend, however supportive of my leaving he was, I still hated the idea of not seeing him everyday and reducing our time together to 1 or maybe 2 days a week as a posed to about 6. I still miss him all the time and sometimes regret leaving my old school, but I know it was for the best that I left. I think Mia will always have bouts of regret and miss her family, that I can very much relate to. However hard it gets it is important to know that you can't go back, and it can only get better. I also connect it to one of my favorite quotes:
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happen."
 By Theodor Geisel 
Did you have a hard time leaving your old life behind your old life and coming to Middle College? Do you ever feel regret? Can you relate anything else to this?

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I really like your connection because throughout the whole book I was thinking the same thing. I definitely miss some of the friends I made in the short period of time I was there but I do not regret my decision at all. Going to the middle college is probably one of the best decisions I made in my whole entire life. The only thing I could possibly connect it to is when I had to decide if I wanted to continue basketball or not. It does not seem like a huge decision but it was to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was definitely sad when I had to leave both my friends and mu musical theatre teacher when I left my old school and came to Middle College. I also know though that it has been a really good switch and Middle College is the best thing for me right now. I agree with Marissa that this is a really good connection! I often found myself struggling and/or reaching to find a connection to the story, but this one is relevant for all of us at Middle College I think.

    ReplyDelete