Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Week 6: Passage Person

Well, it's over! I actually got choked up at the end, which didn't happen very often for me throughout this story. Anyways, here are a few passages that I liked.



This is more of an entire section than a short passage, but I really like all of the description that was included. It also reminds me of something my family would do. Does your family have any holiday traditions? If so, what are they? Also, why do you think Mia was apprehensive about jamming with everyone at first, even though they were all supporting her?



This is the part where I started to get choked up. It was so nice to see the sheer love that Adam has for Mia, even though they had been going through a rough time. The reader gets to see a soft side of Adam in the section. Have you ever been surprised by any unexpected emotions from family members (ex: the tough brother crying at a movie, etc.)?


Lastly, this section is where Mia begins to feel things, as opposed to just observing them like she had been doing the entire time. I think these are pretty powerful moments in the story, because it is a turning point for Mia, Adam, and Mia's entire family. This is when they realize that she will be okay. What moment(s) in the story were particularly powerful to you?

2 comments:

  1. My family doesn't actually have any traditions, per say. We like to be spontaneous. I think Mia just didn't think she'd fit in well with the other when she played. My family isn't the most emotional bunch so the only time I really see them get chocked up is after a great dance performance or practicing an audition song. The most powerful moment to me was her urge to touch Adam and her raw emotion that finally let her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family does have some traditions that I really cherish. For Christmas, this is more of a heritage tradition, we spend days making tamales. It such a great experience because it is just quality time with my grandma. We also make peanut butter chocolate cookies and pretzel cookies for Christmas. I think Mia was hesitant because her type of "jamming" is different than her families type.

    I have never really seen the super emotional side of my family members before. The only time I really saw my parents uncontrollably sad was when my uncle died but other than that I do not really see them sad.

    The most powerful part to me was when Mia finally opened herself up at Adam's Halloween concert. She realized how fun it was to be outgoing and switch things up. It really inspired me to step out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete