Sunday, October 19, 2014

Week 3 Connector

Mia talks a lot about how she feels somewhat disjointed from Adam and his world of music. She doesn't understand why anyone would want to go to a smokey bar to listen to overly loud music. I connect to this on a personal level being that my brother has his own rock-type band. It's taken me a long time to learn to appreciate his rowdier shows and why anyone would ever want part in anything like it. However, like Mia, I learned to just sort of go with the flow, relax, and just be about to enjoy myself. Do you think Adam has had to go through this same process to appreciate Mia's taste music? Do you connect with Mia in the same sence of fitting in where you seem to be the only one who doesn't understand why people like what they like? Is this a valid connection?

2 comments:

  1. I think that this is a very valid connection. My brother enjoys dubstep, which I am still trying to make myself be okay with listening to. I think that Adam does have to stretch a little bit in order to enjoy Mia's taste in music, although I don't think that it is as difficult for Adam. I think that this is just because Adam is a more open and charismatic than Mia is, and is more willing to try new things. I feel that Mia is very comfortable in what she likes, and has more trouble than Adam when stepping out of the box. I don't really relate with Mia in the sense of being the only one who doesn't understand why people like what they like, because I have always been for having your own opinion and I always keep in mind that people just naturally have different tastes. Sometimes I don't see the big deal in things, such as certain singing groups or certain clothing styles, but again: to each their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This connection makes a lot of sense and I believe many people can compare a similar situation they have gone through. I think Adam may have had to go through the same process that Mia did but it might have just taken a shorter time period for him to do it. People go through things differently. I do connect with Mia when she felt she did not fit in with everyone else and what they liked. When I switched from Del Norte High School to West Hills High School, I had a big culture shock because things were so different at the two schools. The only high school society I knew and felt I fit in at was totally different from the school I moved to. But eventually I got used to the change and comfortless environment because sometimes thats just what you have to do.

    ReplyDelete