Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 4: Passage Person

We see a lot happen with Adam this section, but I'd like to focus more on Teddy and Kim and only a little on Adam. The first quote I'd like to discuss is about Kim and Mia's friendship. I feel like every friend ship has funny quirks like this.
Do you have a friendship like this that you can relate to? Do you think the world isreally divides like they say?

Next I want to talk a little more about 
Adam. We learned a lot more about her true feelings about him. 
Do you think Adam and Mia are just in puppy love? Or is is the real thing? Do you think he should sway her choice whether she stay or go?

Lastly, I'd like to talk more about Teddy. We find out that he too is gone. 
Do we know for sure that Teddy is gone, or could it just be a bad assumption? Do you have a younger sibling or friend you can relate this to? 

2 comments:

  1. 1. Like I said in a previous comment, my relationship with Katie is similar to Kim and Mia's just because of the conversations we have. However, I don't agree with the thinking that the world divides perfectly into two groups.
    2. I definitely think that Adam and Mia's love is real. Their devotion to each other is clear from the beginning. I do think that Adam may sway her decision, making her decide to stay with him. For Mia, he may be the deciding factor.
    3. I don't think that the reader for sure knows that Teddy is gone. Mia is so fragile and confused at this point, that making snap assumptions would be out of the norm. I do have a younger brother that, if it came down to it, I would probably feel the same way about. I would probably feel similar (or worse) about losing any of my family members or friends. Even thinking about that makes me sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I do have a friendship like Mia and Kim's with someone, her name is Haley. When we met, we instantly connected. Sadly though, she recently moved to San Francisco so we do not get to see each other as often as we want. And I do think Mia and Kim's way of dividing the world into groups is very accurate because I think everyone can fit in it somehow.
    2. I think their love is more than just "puppy love" because Mia has mentioned his past girlfriends and she differs greatly from them. With her, he breaks out of his norm to experience the kind of world she lives in. Recently, she has done the same. I think he will play a part in her decision process because he is just as important as her family members are to her.
    3. I think that it is just a bad assumption right now. There is nothing to prove that he is clearly dead. I do have younger siblings but I could never think of them passing. My youngest sibling in only 6 months old and we recently had to take him to the emergency room because he was very ill. That was scary enough, I could not imagine actually losing a baby brother or sister.

    ReplyDelete