Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 4: The Connector

In this section Mia mentions the different types of people and what categories they fall under, "There are people who like classical music. People who like pop. There are city people. And country people. Coke drinkers. Pepsi drinkers. There are conformists and freethinkers . . . people who drank plain coffee and people who drank gussied-up caffeine drinks . . ." (108, 110). It's an insignificant part of the book but I think it made it more fun. It lightened up the mood. I connected to this though because, of course, I fell into a category for each one given. I consider myself a pepsi drinking freethinker city girl who happens to like poppier music and gussied up caffeine drinks. It is a simple connection but its all I could relate to in this section and I think it works. Do you relate or connect to this? Which categories do you fall in? Did you connect to anything else in this section? Is there any categories given that you cannot really choose?

2 comments:

  1. I am a coke-drinking, freethinking, city girl. For the music and for the coffee, I can't really decide, because it really depends on the mood that I'm in. This section is tough to compare for me, simply because I don't have much in common with Mia. I'm not in a coma, I am not, nor have I ever, been in a relationship, and I don't have the kind of relationship with my brother as Mia has with Teddy. However, I do have a best friend, and our relationship is similar to that of Mia and Kim's (ahem...Katie). The types of conversations we have are similar and I'm sure (or at least I hope) that we would do what Kim does for Mia, for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a pepsi-drinking, freethinking, classical music girl like like her Starbucks as fancy as they come. I love the city and always picture myself living in the city, but as someone who's ridden horses and love animals, I'm a country girl at heart. I sort of agree with Mia that the world is divided in a lot of different ways. The divisions are what make us unique because no 2 people can always have the same opinions about everything.

    ReplyDelete